How can I reunite my household an immigrant?


Image: Pixabay

United States favors family integration offering multiple types of visas that allow permanent residents and US citizens meet boyfriends, spouses , children, parents and other foreign families who reside within or outside the United States. The process known as reunification or family reunification allows immigrants who have already become citizens or permanent residents apply for permanent residence visa of their immediate families. US citizens can claim her fiancé, children, spouse , parents, and siblings.  Legal permanent residents can claim your spouse and unmarried children.

Visa for family reunification for relatives of permanent residents:

A permanent resident may request that your spouse and unmarried children of any age living in the United States permanently, ie a Green Card. Eligible family members of a permanent US resident become part of the “family preference category.”

However, the number of relatives who may immigrate annually under this category is limited and the waiting time before the immigrant visa to the family may be several years is granted.

When the authorities receive visa applications, evaluate the dossiers in accordance with a preferential established order as follows:

– First preference (priority): Eldest son of 21 and a single American citizen.

– Second Preference (2A): Spouse of a permanent resident (Green Card); and unmarried children under 21 years of a permanent resident.

– Second Preference (2B): adult, unmarried child of a permanent resident.

– Third Preference: Married any age and a US citizen son.

Fourth Preference: Brother of a US citizen.

According to the preference category to which it belongs the family, it will determine how much will have to wait to receive an immigrant visa number.

If the family member is outside the United States, you can obtain permanent resident through consular processing, in which the applicant must make a visa application on Form I-130. This procedure is the State Department responsible for issuing the visa agency. When the visa is approved, the immigrant can travel and officially become a permanent resident when admitted at a port of entry of the United States.

Recommended Posts
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search